By Zeraoulia Elhadj
This ebook is a accomplished number of recognized effects concerning the Lozi map, a piecewise-affine model of the Henon map. Henon map is likely one of the such a lot studied examples in dynamical platforms and it draws loads of recognition from researchers, but it is tough to research analytically. less complicated constitution of the Lozi map makes it better for such research. The booklet isn't just a very good advent to the Lozi map and its generalizations, it additionally summarizes of significant suggestions in dynamical platforms conception reminiscent of hyperbolicity, SRB measures, attractor kinds, and extra.
Read or Download Lozi Mappings: Theory and Applications PDF
Similar geometry books
Contact Geometry and Linear Differential Equations
The purpose of the sequence is to give new and demanding advancements in natural and utilized arithmetic. good tested locally over 20 years, it deals a wide library of arithmetic together with a number of vital classics. The volumes offer thorough and specified expositions of the equipment and concepts necessary to the subjects in query.
Spectral Problems in Geometry and Arithmetic: Nsf-Cbms Conference on Spectral Problems in Geometry and Arithmetic, August 18-22, 1997, University of Iowa
This paintings covers the lawsuits of the NSF-CBMS convention on 'Spectral difficulties in Geometry and mathematics' held on the college of Iowa. The imperative speaker used to be Peter Sarnak, who has been a important contributor to advancements during this box. the quantity ways the subject from the geometric, actual, and quantity theoretic issues of view.
- Algebraic K-Theory: Connections with Geometry and Topology
- Real Algebraic Geometry (UNITEXT / La Matematica per il 3+2)
- Geometry, Rigidity, and Group Actions (Chicago Lectures in Mathematics)
- Classical Geometries in Modern Contexts: Geometry of Real Inner Product Spaces Third Edition
- A Primer on Riemann Surfaces (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- Computational Geometry and Graph Theory: International Conference, KyotoCGGT 2007, Kyoto, Japan, June 11-15, 2007. Revised Selected Papers
Extra info for Lozi Mappings: Theory and Applications
Generally, these exponents are not continuous functions (in the variable (xr)0≤r<∞) and they need some conditions of existence (in the sense that these exponents are bounded) of the solution under consideration. , ∑ ë Ni = 0. If the system is dissipative, then n ∑ ëN i i=1 < = 0. 17) where k is the maximum integer such that the sum of the k largest exponents is still non-negative, and in this case DKY is an upper bound for the information dimension of the system as shown in [Kaplan & Yorke (1987)].
A whole picture of this procedure can be seen in what follows. 27) Comprehensive Review of Hyperbolicity, Ergodicity, and Chaos 11 Let θ (x, a, b) ¢ [0, 2π] be the angle between s and u at x in the invariant set. In some cases, θ (x, a, b) = 0 if s and u are identical. 28) be the lower bound of the angle of a trajectory xn+1 = f (xn, a, b). 29) where θ ( f i (x0), a, b) is the angle at a point, θm (x0, a, b, N) is the minimum of the angle for (N + 1) points of the trajectory. 30) The numerical procedure given in [Lai, et al.
2. There is a positive Lyapunov exponent at every orbit. 3. They are expansive and so sensitive with respect to initial data. 4. They have zero volume if the flow is C2. 5. There is a unique physical measure whose support is the whole attractor and which is the equilibrium state with respect to the centerunstable Jacobian. A number of concrete Lorenz-like systems were found and it was proved mathematically that they are robustly transitive and not hyperbolic and they are sensitive to initial conditions as shown in [Afraimovich, et al.