By Wesley J. Chun
* Already understand Python yet are looking to examine extra? A lot more? Dive right into a number of themes utilized in perform for real-world purposes.
* Covers average expressions, Internet/network programming, GUIs, SQL/databases/ORMs, threading, and internet development.
* know about modern improvement developments similar to Google+, Twitter, MongoDB, OAuth, Python three migration, and Java/Jython. provides fresh fabric on Django, Google App Engine, CSV/JSON/XML, and Microsoft place of work. contains Python 2 and three code samples to get you began correct away!
* presents code snippets, interactive examples, and sensible workouts to aid construct your Python skills.
The entire Developer’s advisor to Python <p style="margin:0px;">Python is an agile, strong, and expressive programming language that maintains to construct momentum. It combines the facility of compiled languages with the simplicity and fast improvement of scripting languages. In Core Python functions Programming, 3rd Edition , leading Python developer and company coach Wesley Chun is helping you are taking your Python wisdom to the subsequent level.
<p style="margin:0px;">This booklet has every thing you must develop into a flexible Python developer. you'll be brought to a number of components of program improvement and achieve wisdom that may be instantly utilized to tasks, and you'll find code samples in either Python 2 and 3, together with migration guidance if that’s in your roadmap too. a few snippets will also run unmodified on 2.x or 3.x.
* research expert Python sort, top practices, and solid programming habits
* construct consumers and servers utilizing TCP, UDP, XML-RPC, and be uncovered to higher-level libraries like SocketServer and Twisted
* increase GUI purposes utilizing Tkinter and different to be had toolkits
* increase program functionality by way of writing extensions in C/C++, or improve I/O-bound code with multithreading
* observe SQL and relational databases, ORMs, or even non-relational (NonSQL) databases like MongoDB
* examine the fundamentals of net programming, together with internet consumers and servers, plus CGI and WSGI
* disclose your self to average expressions and robust textual content processing instruments for developing and parsing CSV, JSON, and XML data
* Interface with well known Microsoft workplace functions similar to Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook utilizing COM consumer programming
* Dive deeper into internet improvement with the Django framework and cloud computing with Google App Engine
* discover Java programming with Jython, how to run Python code at the JVM
* connect with internet companies Yahoo! Finance to get inventory prices, or Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and others to obtain or ship e-mail
* bounce into the social media craze via studying tips to hook up with the Twitter and Google+ networks
<p style="margin:0px;"> Core Python purposes Programming, 3rd version, delivers
* Broad insurance of quite a few components of improvement utilized in real-world functions today
* Powerful insights into present and top practices for the intermediate Python programmer
* Dozens of code examples, from fast snippets to full-fledged applications
* A number of workouts at the top of each bankruptcy to aid hammer the suggestions home
Read Online or Download Core Python Applications Programming (3rd Edition) (Core Series) PDF
Similar python books
In basics OF PYTHON: FROM FIRST courses via information constructions, Washington and Lee college professor Kenneth A. Lambert offers all the vital subject matters in CS1 and CS2 in a single quantity. This budget friendly layout offers teachers with a constant method of educating introductory programming and information buildings over a regular two-term direction series.
Python for info research is anxious with the nuts and bolts of manipulating, processing, cleansing, and crunching information in Python. it's also a pragmatic, glossy advent to medical computing in Python, adapted for data-intensive purposes. it is a e-book in regards to the elements of the Python language and libraries you'll have to successfully clear up a vast set of information research difficulties.
For those who intend to exploit Amazon net prone (AWS) for distant computing and garage, Python is a perfect programming language for constructing purposes and controlling your cloud-based infrastructure. This cookbook will get you began with greater than dozen recipes for utilizing Python with AWS, according to the author’s boto library.
Construct real-world man made Intelligence purposes with Python to intelligently have interaction with the realm round you approximately This publication Step into the superb global of clever apps utilizing this accomplished consultant input the realm of synthetic Intelligence, discover it, and create your personal purposes paintings via uncomplicated but insightful examples that might get you up and working with man made Intelligence very quickly Who This publication Is For This ebook is for Python builders who are looking to construct real-world man made Intelligence functions.
Additional resources for Core Python Applications Programming (3rd Edition) (Core Series)
The horizontally-oriented rectangular box represents the Volterra filters, also discussed in Chapter 3. These filters represent smooth nonlinear extensions of the linear class, which may be partially characterized by some of the same mathematical techniques that are so successful in the linear case. In particular, linear filters may be completely characterized by their frequency response, an idea discussed further in Chapter 3, and certain aspects of this characterization extend naturally to the Volterra filter class.
First, a filter is sometimes described as “smooth” if an input change of one unit causes no more than a one-unit output change. This notion is similar to the mathematical definition of continuity [55, p. 167], which is strictly weaker than differentiability: differentiable functions are necessarily continuous, but not conversely. The second potential source of confusion is the fact that the entire class of “non-smooth filters” discussed in Chapter 4 belong to the general class of “smoothing filters,” meaning that they exhibit “lowpass character” rather than “highpass” or “edge sharpening” character.
2 Object types At an extremely high and informal level, Lutz notes that Python “does things with stuff,” where “things” take the form of operations like addition and concatenation, and “stuff” represents the objects on which these “things” are done. In Python, objects come in an enormous variety of different flavors, but each one is characterized by three attributes: 1. an identity, 2. a type, 3. a value. The identity of an object is an integer that uniquely identifies it, the type of an object is a classification that distinguishes between language elements like character strings, lists, and functions, and the value is the specific character string, list, or function under consideration.